Cedar Valley SportsPlex Reopening Monday
On Wednesday, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds announced that she's easing many restrictions and allowing area businesses to reopen. While it won't be business as usual for every business in the Cedar Valley, it will allow them to begin seeing customers and clients again. Included in this are restaurants (but not bars), salons, massage/therapy centers and gyms. One area gym reopening is Cedar Valley SportsPlex. They're be opening their doors again this Monday, May 18. However, if you plan to go, there will be some new changes to be aware of...
In a Facebook post, these are some of the changes being made:
- Patrons must follow Covid-19 social distancing requirements while taking other precautions detailed by the staff.
- The staff will be closely monitoring activity throughout the facility.
- The pool will not reopen at this time. It will remain closed until further notice.
- Equipment will now be spaced out by at least 6 feet to accommodate social distancing requirements.
- Their will be an increased the number of hand sanitizing stations available throughout the facility for customers to use before/after using equipment.
- Usage of personal training or group exercise space has been reduced or removed temporarily to promote social distancing.
- Summer hours will now be: Monday – Thursday 5:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m., Friday 5:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Additionally, group exercise classes will not be starting up again until Monday, June 1.
Do you feel it's too soon to return to a gym? I will admit that while I am excited to work off my 'COVID 15', I plan to wait at least one additional week or more to see how our coronavirus cases in the Cedar Valley trend before I return. That said, it's exciting to have the option again. (Looks at belly) hang in there, pal.