Iowans Have Nice Teeth…
Wallet Hub just released the states with the best and worst dental health and, good news: Iowa ranked 10th out of 51 (the District of Columbia was included) overall!
Our rankings breakdown had us above average in almost every category:
- 3th – % Of Adults Who Visited a Dentist in the Past Year
- 6th – Dental Treatment Costs
- 19th – Dentists per Capita
- 27th – Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Consumption
- 3rd – % of Adults Who Experienced Oral Pain in the Past Year
- 5th – % of Adults with Low Life Satisfaction Due to Their Oral Condition
Other than a love for pop, we did pretty well. In first place was our neighbors to the northeast, Wisconsin. Ranked last? Mississippi.
Now all day you'll be looking at your fellow Iowans mouths... sorry!
(Via Wallet Hub)