Keeping Your Canines Safe This Fourth
In most cases, dogs have much sharper senses than humans do. So for all of us who have a dog, (or dogs) know that fourth of July celebrations can result in very unpleasant anxiety and stress for our canine companions. The loud noises and bright flashes of the fireworks can cause an overwhelming sense of dread in dogs and can even result in self-mutilation in some cases. Here are some tips and tricks to help keep them calm and worry free!
- Keep them inside during outdoor activities
- Tire them out with exercise to calm their heart rate
- Play soft relaxing music to drown out noise of fireworks
- Keep them away from sharp objects
- Apply a compression shirt with gentle pressure to sooth smaller dogs
While we may enjoy the loud noises and lights of this holiday, man's best friend doesn't always share our enthusiasm. Let's do our best to keep them safe and happy!