Valentines Day Ideas That WON’T Break The Bank
Look, I will be the first one to admit that I am not a fan of the "holiday" of Valentines Day. I think it's overrated and just an excuse for people to have to show someone how much they "love" them through how much money they spend on a romantic evening. I would like to point out that you should be showing your significant other your love every day through your kind words and actions.... it shouldn't all be in this one day.
Putting that aside though, I have a lot of friends who are happily in relationships and being in our early 20's, don't necessarily have all the money in the world to spend on extravagant gifts or date nights (thanks student loans). So.... if you are someone who is in this situation as well, I wanted to help you out and put together a list of valentines day gifts or date nights that won't break the bank.
1. A nice home-cooked meal. Let's be real , nowadays there are very few of us who are ACTUALLY good cooks at home. So if you have those amazing chef skills, this is the time to show them off! Save a little money and have a romantic dinner at home.
2. Photo Album. This is actually a really sweet idea. Instead of getting surface level gifts such as jewelry, candy or flowers, put all of your favorite memories with your significant other in a photo album or scrapbook. This may make a tear or two occur.
3. Recreate your first date. Maybe you have heard this one before? Maybe you haven't. But nothing says romantic like recreating the time you met the one that makes you happy.
4. Have a potluck Valentines Day party with your best friends! Celebrate the love with other friends/couples on Valentines Day by having a potluck get together. 1. You are not responsible for buying all the food and drinks. 2. You are not only celebrating how much you love your significant other but how much you love your friends as well.
5. Take movie night to the next level with FORTS! It's okay to be as silly as a kid, this is the most fun. Make it movie night and create a fort with pillows and blankets like when you were kids. I promise you will find it to be one of the most fun and memorable nights you will have in your life.